As we are coming up on Year 3 of the COVID 19 crisis, I know we’re all suffering from pandemic fatigue. We are all managing the best we can and we’re making decisions that are best for ourselves, our loved ones, and our communities. Today I wanted to offer a different perspective. One that most of us haven’t been exposed to.
“I am Katie McCarthy, a registered nurse and multi passionate entrepreneur. I live in Halifax, Ma. After receiving a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology at Bridgewater State University, I continued my education at Brockton Hospital School of Nursing and have worked as a RN since 2011 in pediatric and adult acute care settings. Despite many successes, including founding and building a successful photography business, I struggled with anxiety and depression. In 2019, after a life-changing loss of a family member, I began my personal development and self-healing journey. Yoga, Mediation, and a daily dose of CBD became the first three tools in my wellness toolbox that changed my life. In 2020, when pandemic shutdowns risked the loss of my photography studio, I made the decision to leave my per diem nursing job at Brockton Hospital, and began using my passion for helping others in a new way.” – Katie McCarthy
- Katie is a powerhouse – a mom, a wife, a caretaker, a nurse, and the owner of a 6 figure photography studio. But then…burnout!
- Life is all about balance – career, family, hobbies, etc.
- Katie worked Per Diem at a hospital which meant she was bounced around to different floors and department,
- When COVID-19 entered our lives, her exhaustion was exasperated
- When you don’t take care of yourself, you can’t care for others.
- Working with COVID was lonely, scary, and impossible to sustain
- Healthcare workers are suffering tremendously right now. They’re overwhelmed, grieving, and continue to show up.
- Katie had to make a major life decision, she choose her mental health and happiness. But she now works to heal the healers.
- She is passionate about preventative wellness
- Journaling is key to connecting with your thoughts
- Take care of yourself first! Self care changed Katie’s life.