I want to give a big shout out to all the moms out there who dedicate their adult lives to raising their children, loving their partners, and often sacrificing a large part of themselves to care for those they love most. But let’s talk about when you have time to breathe. When you have time to come home to yourself. Many women can attest to losing sight of themselves after years of putting their own wants and needs on hold. Today I’m talking to an amazing woman who found herself again. And for it, she is a better mom, wife, teacher, and lover of life. Not only did she find her passion, but she turned it into a business that serves her community in a unique way.
After spending years taking care of others, many women feel they lose themselves. When you have time, any time at all, find yourself! Find what makes you feel alive
- Everyone’s happiness looks different. Find yours
- Find a community of people with similar interests
- Look for opportunities to express whatever is inside you that you can share with the world
- Find activities that keep you physically and mentally engaged
- Set goals, learn new things
- Kristen turned her hobby into a business and began during the pandemic
- She leveraged her existing skills and teamed up with a great friend with complimentary skills to build their business
- She now uses her passion to create a supportive community that enables others to find their own passion
- Have a backup plan if you start your own business
- Decide how much failure and risk you’re willing at accept but don’t let it stop you
- Message to moms – you don’t have to give up your life or your passion when you have children
- Find your passion! Find your people!